Thursday, April 1, 2010

Handmade Corrugated Alphas Tutorial

Ok, so how many of you LOVE those cutie lil' alphas from Jillibean Soup?? I know I do.... so I was silly enough to spend the moola and get some! Rolling Eyes Well, once they arrived it got me thinking..... there has got to be a way to do this yourself, I mean come on.... this is cardboard!! Laughing So, I used my noggin and came up with this tutorial!!!

Step 1:
Find some cardboard in your house.... you know you got it!!! Laughing get a cloth or rag, wet it down, and then soak your cardboard. It is super important to really let it soak so the glue comes up. Peel off the top layer completely to reveal the corrugated part of the cardboard.



Step 2:
Take the piece of corrugated cardboard you made and cut it down to fit your cutting machine or you could certainly use stencils and an Xacto knife. In my case I used my Sissix.... it's a snug fit but it worked!



Step 3:
Cut out your letters and VOILA!!! Corrugated alphas without the expense!



I am looking forward to going through all the cardboard we have around here to find different sizes of corrugation. Oh, and don't forget to keep the top piece you could always use that for a background or in a collage!!

Happy Scrappin'!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!