Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring has Sprung!!

The birds are chripin', the sun is out... most of the time..... and the air has that wonderful smell of Spring around here. I just love this time of year when you can crack open a couple windows and air out the house, hang laundry out, and take care of doggies and kennel chores without freezin' your biscuits off!!! LOL!

I have never really been one to go out and capture Spring, KWIM? That is to go out and take pictures of nature awakening after a long winter's nap. Well, my friend Bev from My Sketch World, put a challenge out there this month to do just that! capture those nature photos and scrap em'..... no people allowed. I searched high and low throughout all my pictures and I had a few on hand, but they weren't the greatest, so I headed outside. Low and behold the tigers are coming!!! Tiger lilies that is! I love these pretty orange flowers and I always know Spring is here when they start popping their little sprouts out of the ground. So with camera in hand I took some pictures of them to fulfill this challenge.

Bloom



This is the first LO I have ever created without people in it!! I am really pleased with how it turned out and have been eyeballing everything now!!! LOL!!
The patterned papers I used are from Colorbok and K&Co.



I really wanted a bird on here to further push the whole Spring theme, but couldn't quite figure out how I was going to do this until I had the idea of creating a branch with my twine for it to sit on. I just had a bit too much open space before that for my liking.



The flowers are from Sassafras Lass and replace the ones already placed on the patterned paper. The letters are Maya Road; I inked them and then mixed up my own glitter glue to paint on.



I have had these tags in my stash FOREVER!!! I finally used them by grunging them up a bit with inks and adding a little pearl. The journaling tag is from Sassafras Lass.



I love these new butterflies Maya Road came out with, don't you?? They are so cute and I adore I can do them up anyway I please. This one was already colored like this from being used as a mask when misting a different project, so all I had to do was add some Alene's paper glaze and pearls.

Have a lovely day and may God bless you with a little taste of Spring today!! He sure is for me.... it's almost 70 degrees out there!!! Time to get off the 'puter and get outside! Happy Scrappin'!





1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous as always... but love the touch of turquoise and orange just pop. And then there are all your little details that are what i call your signature... so clever..love it GF
    And many thanks for doing my challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!