Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sketchy Wednesday

Hi There! Hope you all are having Happy Wednesdays!

I love that I get to be a part of 2 great sketch communities. Sketches make it so easy and quick to create beautiful LOs and I feel I follow along with 2 of the best sketch artists around in Lucy, from My Sketch World and Cheri, from Let's Scrap! Right now both sites have fabulous sketches up to kick start your June mojo!

Here is the June 1st Sketch from My Sketch World:


My LO is titled Beach Baby

I used Graphic 45 Boardwalk papers for this LO! I am lovin' the colors and fun patterns of this line!

WooHoo! I finally used some bottlecaps on a LO! I have only done this once and look forward to using these gems again! I used my circle punches to punch a base background paper and the little soda cap images from the patterned paper for inside the bottle caps. The little saying is also cut from the papers.

Here you can see the bottle caps a bit better, as well as my dyed eyelet lace. I used my glimmer mist on it. I used a Jillibean Soup journaling sprout and distressed it with my Ranger inks to make it match the papers, instead of being shockingly white.

I wanted my tickets to look more realistic on the page so I had the idea to create these lifts in the line. I really like the way it turned out. Using sandpaper, I distressed my Thickers to have them match the overall feel of the LO.

Here is the sketch from Let's Scrap:

Cheri always provides 2 page sketches and I love that they work so well by themselves or together. My preference is to do one pagers so I chose the left side of the sketch..... I mean how could I resist that circle!! LOL! It's my favorite scrappy shape!

This LO is titled Love Makes.....

I really love this picture of DH and I. It is so rare that we actually get a picture together, so thank you to my DD who took this picture last year on the 4th of July. I used a lot of scraps I had of some of favorite lines from some of my fav manufacturers to create this LO.

I outlined the letters for GO with a Sharpie to make them pop out and I told you this accordian fold flower was quickly becoming my fav to use! I inked the chipboard bird, outlined it, and then embossed it with UTEE to get a nice sheen.

I used up lots of random bellies and stickers, just love that big ol' pink button.... yup it was a button, just took off the backing.

I again dyed some eyelet lace for this LO and created the chipboard heart myself out of some plain chipboard sheets I had, then glittered, and used hairspray to seal.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my creations. It's always so fun to share.
Make sure you head on over to Let's Scrap and My Sketch World to complete these sketches. Both sites have great prizes connected with them this week!
Until next time, Happy Scrappin' ~ Scarlett


3 comments:

  1. Awesome LO's girl! I am still trying ot get the one from Cheeri done. Somehow this oner doesn't really do it for me............
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, I just adore your work! I {heart} those bottle caps and the G45 in the first layout. That photo of you and DH in the second layout is FAB-great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these layouts are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!