Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pure Joy!!!

This is what I feel these days!! I am blessed with a wonderful family and friends. I get to create to my heart's content....well most of the time LOL! Life is just good, no matter what comes my way.

The layout I am going to share today not only is titled Pure Joy, but also has a bit of what else is bringing me joy on it.....mixed media!! This is one of my first LOs experimenting with different mediums on it and while I still have a lot to learn, I love how this page came out.

Pure Joy

My dog, Fonz just makes me smile whenever I am with him. He is just a big ol' love muffin and would be in my lap at all times if I let him. This LO was published in the June issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine and I love that I was able to incorporate some of what I had learned up to that point from the forum onto this LO. Another cool thing is I used mostly scraps on this page....bonus!

Close Ups

Here you can see the texture I created by using some molding paste with Pearl Ex mixed in and spreading it through some mesh. This was so easy to do, peeled right up leaving a great pattern behind, and then I also had the residue left on the mesh to use for a different project.



Thanks for coming to visit today! Hope your day has been wonderful!!

Happy Scrappin' ~ Scarlett


1 comment:

  1. Great LO Scarlett! I have a hard time with mixed media, but looking at this LO makes me want to try it! Take care~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!