Saturday, July 9, 2011

On a Roll...

with my posts! I feel like I may just be getting my bloggin' groove back.....giggle......

I have more projects to share from past issues of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. I feel like I could probably post like 6 projects a day for the next year and still not be caught up.....I need an Oh My! face here.....laugh..... so I hope you enjoy another hodge podge post of projects..... smile.....

A Tinkerers Dream

I have to see this will probable forever be a favorite LO of mine. I worked really hard on this and am so elated with how it turned out. I made this LO for a Steampunk call and it was inspired by the work of Finnabair. She has a very distinct style and I'm drawn to the way she uses unusual items on her pages and blends them in to the whole. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this in a brighter more whimsical fashion..... suits my style better..... wink......


Now I know I said yesterday I wasn't going to do this..... you know post a ton of extra pictures......sigh.... I couldn't control myself on this one.....LOL.....

I used a lot of heavy gel and Lumiere paint to create all the texture on the background, which BTW is cardboard. Then I dug through a jar I had full of nuts, bolts, and others odd items. These were embellished and added to the LO along with the papers from G45's Steampunk collection.


The idea for this LO was in my head and idea notebook for so long. Really shows my son's daydreamer side. And believe me this is exactly the type of stuff he envisions. He truly is a tinkerer.

I Love Lucy Inchies


Some funky inchies made on muslin sharing my love for Lucy...... the woman makes me laugh and I adore watching reruns.
I did an image transfer onto the muslin and then added paper bits all along the edges. I used a wtaer/lue mixture to adhere the bits onto the fabric. I added some machine stitching....aww, yeah that's right....I taught myself how to sew!!..... go me..... I don't use it a lot, but I'm just glad I can say I can do it now and use it if I want to..... wink.... To finish them off I added the text with a paint marker, added jump rings with beads along the bottom, and coated with gel so I could sprinkle some Diamond Dust on them.

How 'bout a card to finish off with for today:

Welcome Baby

Love this sweet lil' baby bootie. This is a card I've made for commissioned baby shower invites as well as for the baby cards call at SNR.

Have a super day and thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!