Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Madness

So I've got the pictures all taken for the tutorial I wanted to share here. I've got to edit the pictures and get the tut written up, so hopefully I'll have a tutorial Tuesday for you tomorrow! YAY!

In the meantime, I'll share some projects published in past issues of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.

Bless This House

This card was created and pubbed for an arrow shaped card call. I started off with an arrow base and when I saw it laying on my table pointing up I instantly thought of a house. Go figure.... I've got a slight obsession in including them in my creations. LOL

Wander ATC

This is probably one of my favorite ATCs. I created the background by painting a paper towl, then stamped here and there. I added the foil butterflies, colored with alcohol inks, and then the image transfer. To complete the gypsy feel, I made some charms and inked up a word charm from Tim Holtz.

Freshman

Wow, I can't believe how fast 2011 has gone. I made this LO last Fall to document my son starting high school. It's tough to swallow he'll be a sophomore this year! I had fun with some masking on this LO and now that I look at it a year later, I think I need to go back and hit those letters up with a black pen or some NeoColors. The tag sticking out is covered in chalkboard paint and the journaling is done in chalk that I sprayed with a fixative after. In hind sight I think I would have rather used white pen or paint. The writing would have looked nicer and I could've gotten more on it. I'm all about the journaling these days..... shocking I know! LMBO

Alright one more because I couldn't resist it.

Laundry Line

Hands down this is my favorite tag EVA'!! It was a labor of love for shiggity, but oh so worth it. The dresses are created out of polymer clay. I baled them up and then painted, stamped, and embellished them. The background is real simple, paint and some stamps/drywall tape. The grass was made out of some specialty paper. I've been really trying hard to work through my stash of things and I'm pleasantly surprised at how many uses I've found for this paper stash. I think I might punch out a butterfly (or 2 or 3 LOL) and add them to the clothespins. They look a little nekkid, don'tcha' think?

Hope you've had a wonderful Monday. See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!