Monday, January 9, 2012

Top 12 Cards

Happy Monday All!  I figured since I was a total creating lunatic this past year (I'm seriously embarrassed I prolly have more pictures of projects than kids/family at this point) I thought I'd share my top cards.  I really got more into making cards this past year and fell in love with stamps, layering, and all the little details you can add to make a special little gift in itself.  

January

Thank You - This was a card I created for my design term at A Walk down Memory Lane.  The featured manufacturer was Imaginisce and this Fall line was right up my alley with all those fantabulous apples.  Wanna know what made it even better??  This card was also featured on the Imaginisce blog thanks to my scrappy friend Kim.  What I like about this card: the rich fall colors, the paper piercing and punches, the cutie lil' apple stamp, and the stamped sentiment on the twill ribbon.
 February

Hello - Ahh, I love me some Sassafras Lass!  I will so miss them, especially the old school stuff. ;0) What I like: The ribbon - ooo la la, I made it myself!  Love that I found rayon seam binding at a local thrift store - speaking of I have to get back there - anyways, I misted the binding and then dried it, all crinkled up, in my microwave.  Easy peasy and fast - no dry time waiting!!!  I also made the somewhat clear bauble myself with UTEE and some glitter.  
March

Welcome to the World - This is my most favorite baby card made - EVA'!!  For real.  I actually found the template online (sorry I don't have the link but will seek to give proper credit) and created the first version for a baby shower card order I had.  This was a one-of-a-kind card for the mother of the expecting mother - make sense? LOL. Anyways I adored it so much I re-created the card for a call at SNR.  What I like: the shape.  I adore creating different shaped cards and this bootie just makes me smile.  The rolled roses.  These were done without dies or anything jazzy like that - just good ol' fashioned scissors.  Although I must say I do love my dies!!
 April

My Heart is Happy - This card makes me happy, happy.  I think its all the bright colors, the textures, and the crepe paper flower.  I totally need to get crackin' at making some more of those.  I forgot how pretty they were. 
May

Simply Put - This is the card I gave my hubbie for our anniversary in 2011.  I was so pleased with myself because our anniversary wasn't until August I couldn't believe I was actually that far ahead of the game for once LOL.  What I like about this card is the stenciled top.  I used colored goop (molding paste I believe) over the top of a Tattered Angels mask.  Then added some Gold Mica Flakes (I really got into using this stuff this year.  So fab-u-lous! Then of course there's lots of fussy cut pieces and plenty of word stickers (<--- swoon!)

June
Hi - This card came together so quickly I distinctly remember being shocked.  I usually gruel over every project I make no matter how big or small.  I love that this card has plenty of cloud lovin' going on paired with a great big ol' sun courtesy of a Jenni Bowlin stamp.  I used Echo Park and Lily Bee Designs on this card and using Lily Bee was a first. 
July

Hey You - Some more OA lovin' going on with this card.  I had a blast cutting apart all the paper doll pieces and putting them together in a scene.  I also can't believe my eyes that I actually used my distressing tool to rough up the paper some.  That's a rare occurrence these days.
August
 
Back 2 School - Not my son's favorite card of the year to receive but hands down its my fav of the year for shiggity!  I had a blast adding paint, inks, stamps, and stencils to the background papers and building up with lots of fun embellishments.  I also finally used that little boy and dog stamp from Sassafras.  I had been waiting for a project to call for it.

September

 
Down on the Farm - I love country life and this card is so sweet to me.  In fact I'll have a hard time parting with and may end up attaching some type of twine to make it home decor... maybe a frame?  Hmmm.... anyhoo, this is a fav because I love all the farm related items on it including some of the OA fabric.  I got it for a steal of a deal on Stitch Steals and boy was I happy!

October

 
Why Hello There - This card is created on a paper bag and made completely from scraps - love that!  I also got down with my sewing machine (actually my hubbie's but he lets me use it now - YAY!) to give the card a patchwork feel and added the flower on top. 
 November


Give Thanks - I love Fall and creating any type of Fall card is right up my alley!  I love the cluster on this and the background.  Gesso has become a creative go to for me this year and I love how it can be used to slightly mask patterned papers so you can go over them with other mediums.


December
Merry Christmas - I didn't get the chance to stop by here to wish you all a Merry Christmas.  I hope you and your family had a lovely day.  What I like about this card: the mist and chunky glitter sprinkled about.  The punched edges of the cardstock.  the simple design and classic Christmas colors.

Well there you have it, my top 12 cards of 2011 - all chunky with lots of layers and embellishments - just the was I like it!

Hope you have a super start to the week.  Be sure to leave me a link if you have any top 12 (or whatever number) posts.  I'd love to stop on by and check it out.  I'll be back tomorrow with one last top 12 post to cover the mixed media and altered items I made this past year.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!