Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday Tutorial

Hey Peeps.  Lots of creative juices flowing these days although I can't share everything with you yet.  In the meantime I thought I'd post a past tutorial I did for SNR magazine.  Its another ATC, but I encourage you to see how the techniques involved could be used on projects you like to do.

Two Hearts ATC Tutorial
 
Two Hearts by Scarlett Salamone Supplies Patterned Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle, Bo Bunny; Brads: The Paper Studio; Gel medium: Liquitex; Tar Gel: Golden; Paint: Jacquard; Other: Confetti, mesh, ticket, cardboard  

Supplies:  Cardboard, Gel Medium, Tar Gel, Brads, Fabric, Netting, Paint, Patterned Paper, Confetti

Step One: Adhere patterned papers to cardboard using gel medium or adhesive of your choice.

Step Two: Mix confetti with some gel medium and spread onto base.

Step Three: Cut out two hearts from fabric and two from netting.  Stitch together.

Step Four: Crinkle up a ticket and add paint to the edges/wrinkles using your fingertips.
Step Five: Adhere tickets and hearts to base using gel medium.

Step Six: use a wire cutting tool to snip the backs off the key and lock brads and adhere to base using gel medium.  You could surely keep the backs of the brads on, but this is my little trick to not have a hole poking through the back of my project.

Step Seven: To finish off the ATC, mix tar gel (not shown) and paint together and spread generously around the edges by scrapping the mixture off a brush onto the edge.

Here's the finished project one more time:

If you have any questions just holla' and I'll help the best I can.

Until next time, take care.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!