Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter, a New Sketch, and ScrapFX Chippies

Happy Easter Friends!  What a special day this is.  We'll be heading to my sister-in-laws house in a bit - for now enjoying a peaceful, beautiful start to the day.

After all the eggs are found - kids crashed from sugar - you may want to scrap.  If you do, head over to Skissedilla where Sketch #158 is posted and ready to inspire you. 

Nabon created this sketch and I love all the texture she created just in the sketch alone! 
As I was going through pictures one of my daughter on Cinderella's Carousel in Disney stood out to me - the orientation of the photo didn't go with the sketch's so I flipped the sketch 90 degrees and this is what happened:

Instead of using a large embellie where the car image is on the sketch I went with a photo of the ride sign - the ScrapFX chippies I was sent were perfect for this LO and I had a grand ol' time making them my own!!
I was kind of disappointed I couldn't work in any drips - but alas I couldn't see how they would enhance the look of the LO I had going - I'll be using this sketch again me thinks in order to get a little drippy - its so much to watch ink/paint run down a page - discover where its trail will lead.

This Carriage & Horse (2012034) chippie is so intricate and detailed!!  I was nervous I would wreck all the tremendous laser cut lines - I didn't and it was actually easier to paint up than I thought it'd be - bonus!! - did take a bit of patience though - I used Lumiere paints, watercolors, and gesso - the opening was backed with patterned paper and then filled with some glass beads gel - love how this turned out!
I'm an alphabet fanatic through and through - must be why I decided Early Childhood-First Grade were the levels I wanted to teach when I was still in the classroom - when I received my package from ScrapFX I was thrilled to find so many cool alphas to play with - the kicker is there are sooooo many more I NEED - seriously - you do too - I'm sure of it - not convinced??  Check it:

See what I mean???  Aren't these Freestyle Uppercase chippie alphas (2008006) terrific!!  I've got the lowercase set as well and can't wait to bust those out too!  I painted these pieces with gold Lumiere paint to match the carriage - then coated them with Diamond Glaze so they had a lacquer look to them.
Well, its time to get ready here and I hope you all have a really blessed day with your loved ones! 

4 comments:

  1. Super cut page Scarlett and love what you dId with the chipboard!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so sweet!!! I just love how you've altered all the chippies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am new but glad to be here. so much beautiful inspiration, I sure love that Cinderella layout (so cute). I am your newest follower,please check out my blog and become a follower. Hugs and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on this sketch Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!