Monday, April 16, 2012

Skissedilla #159 - Adventure

Hey there everybody!!!  How's your Monday?  Ours is windy, windy, windy!  I can't wait until the crops get growing around here so the fields aren't quite as open.

Well Sketch #159 is up at Skissedilla and it is a fantastic one!! - Carrin created it and I fell in love with the fact it was an 8.5 x11 sketch - that never happens - I'm always trying to downsize, LOL.

Lots of ScrapFX chippies used on this page - so much fun altering them up - I'm not going to share too many deets because I'm thinking I'll post all that juicy info on the ScrapFX blog - teehee - such a tease I am because I'm thinking you may want to know how I did some of what I did - but alas I'm going to make you wait!!!  I can tell you I used up some of my large October Afternoon Thrift Shop stash - seriously crushed on that line!
See what I mean about the sketch being super cool!!  I love the whole office/clipboard feel I got from it before starting my page - I stayed pretty true to it as well with the exception of adding a picture and bellies where the big ol' ink splat is - not that I don't love a big ol' ink splat ;0) - just felt moved to add a photo instead.
So I won't be totally sassy - there are a couple detail shots I've got to show you all!

These are hands down my new favorite go to alpha!!!  They're called Itty Bitty Bets "Groovy" (2005104) made by ScrapFX and you NEED them - seriously they are the perfect size for any project - you'll be seeing them lots more in the future from me for shiggity!
This is a shot of my hand carved stamps - the hot air balloon and hexagons are my own design! - I'm really hooked on carving and could spend a lot of time thinking up designs!!  Have you tried carving your own stamps?
I've also linked this LO up at MSW for Ann's hexagon challenge - even though the page doesn't scream hexagon - they are still there. ;0)  Speaking of MSW if you're looking to participate in the hop going on until the end of tonight you can go here.

Have a wonderful rest of your day!!  Have you gotten those submissions ready for Scrapbook News and Review yet??!  If not you should totally put that on your to do list - just sayin'.  You never know unless you try!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you rocked the sketch! Love all the little details you add to your layouts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous layout! I love the little bits of fun details you've added! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a GREAT sketch! I'm gonna have to try it! I love the washi tape border and al the patterns you included- very layered and fun to look at! WORK that Scrap FX border! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout-- love all the layering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!