Monday, May 14, 2012

Skissedilla #163 - Miaow!Miaow! - {ScrapFX}

Hey All, happy Monday to you!!  Did you have a good Mother's Day? It was a full and fun weekend around here.  Between prom for my boy and softball for my girl we were busy, busy!

I've also been busy creating a new page for sketch #163 at Skissedilla!  

The sketch for this week called for a whimsical LO - in my opinion ; ) - so I grabbed these cutie photos of one of our cats and set to work!  Its not often I scrap the furry ones around here - especially if said furry one is alone - how could I resist this lil' begger though, LOL
 I did some stenciling and outlined it with a white pen, scibbled some Caran D'Ache NeoColors II on the page and sprayed to get some watercolor effect going on, as well as some dripping - check out that ScrapFX birdie!!  So cute with the googly eye and paper leaf wing!  The arrow paperclip was a super fab find from Hobby Lobby on clearance!!  Can we say BONUS!  I layered some fussy cut elements to add to the whimsy and underneath it all is a wad of twine - what kitty doesn't like to play with twine, right?  Mine sure do - menaces, LOL!
I used ScrapFX Itty Bitty Bets - Groovy alphas along with some old American Crafts ones - the little ball of yarn was made with a snibble contained in my Gauche Alchemy Neon kit - this is such a fun store and I LOVE the neon kit - thinking maybe another is in order since contents vary!! - the tape is from K&Co - the words Want It worked really well here since kitty was beggin' for a treat!
Drips were added with some mist and a heat gun to make them run - more tape - the numbers bit of tape is from Gauche Alchemy - and some fussy cut clouds. I added some color to one of the clouds with a Sakura glaze pen - these are seriously worth the investment!
I love these mini chipboard wordlets from ScrapFX!  MiaowMiaow is from the Cat Theme Pack and I decided to leave it bare and only add doodles - the tab is from the Gauche Neon kit and I added a few bits of paper, doodles, a stamp, and pearl to dress it up a bit.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'm secretly working on something so please forgive me if I haven't gotten around to visit you - I'll have a little more time toward the end of the week to get back at my blog surfing.  In the meantime - lets have a little fun - what do you think it is I'm up to??? 
Hint: It is a HUGE and FUN and EXCITING announcement!!

Be sure you hop on over to Skissedilla to check out the sketch and play along!



3 comments:

  1. Love this, love your style!!! Very funky and fun, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously? how awesome is this????? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!