Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Totally Random - Skissedilla #171

Hey, hey, hey!  Happy Wednesday to you!!  Its feeling like Fall here and I find that crazy! I'm not complaining at all but to go from 100 degree temps to 56 is a bit odd.  It is however perfect weather to have the windows thrown open while snugged up in a creative space - hoping that is in my plans for today.

Skissedilla Sketch #171 created by Nabon!!
If you're looking for a creative kick start - why not try out the above sketch from Skissedilla this week!!  I must say I had a grand ol' messy time creating my page:

I used quite the variety of products on this page - starting from the background up there is: mixed media paper, crayon pastels (NeoColor II <--heart these), tar gel (Golden), patterned paper(American Crafts, October Afternoon), more tar gel, more patterned paper, ScrapFX chippies, washi tape & punchinella (from Gauche Alchemy <---great selection, seriously good deals + other fun, kooky stuff too!!), a couple printable freebies I found on the net (need to get links for these), and some sequins
Random messy tar gel strings - check.  Random photos that have nothing to do with each other in a cohesive sense - check. Random bits and pieces of things I love to play with - check.  Yep - totally random is this page, LOL.  Thinking I kinda need to be random more often you know?

Here you can see some of the fabulous Chicken Wire ScrapFX chipboard - its lightly coated with some UTEE in platinum - and do you see that yellow and black stripped washi tape (Gauche Alchemy)??!!!  Ack, I love it and have been waiting for a project to come about where I could put it to use!!!  The workd sunshine and the phrase strip under it are a couple of the freebies used - gettin' my hybrid on, LOL!!!
I tend to over-think my creations at times - I spend a lot of time choosing everything from design elements, stamps, stencils, and mediums I wanna use to finding the perfect papers and bellies. I love my process - but there are times when really letting it fly is as good if not better!

A mix of my fav ScrapFX letters paired with one lone Thicker for part of the title and the yellow/black washi again!!! More hybrid elements and a cutie Polaroid Frame from ScrapFX - love how perfectly these work for my iPhone photos!!!
For example there have been times I've been known to be under a bit of time constraint in getting a project done from start to finish - when this happens at first I'm a tad frantic, but once I kick it in to gear.... watch out!  Products start flying and everything comes together in ways I couldn't(wouldn't) have imagined!
I had to put one of my new ScrapFX Hot Air Balloon chippies to work right away - this piece was jazzed up with some paint and glitter for the top, and pen for the bottom.  The clouds were made using a piece of scrap packaging I spread leftover gesso on and created some stamped texture in it. 
So I find myself wondering as I close this post why I don't do that more often??  I'd certainly feel less pressure with looming deadlines and prolly come up with a few crazy cool pages too..... hmm maybe a little reckless abandonment is alright.... whatcha' think?  Have any links to random creations you'd like to share - I'd love to see them!!

Alright sweet peeps that is all I've got for now - if you'd like to see another page from you could head on over to the ScrapFX blog where I'm up today with a fun summery page!!!

Take care!


5 comments:

  1. so much gorgeousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are always so fun and cheerful! Love that chicken wire!
    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - so fun and bright!!! Awesome rocking funky page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlett, I'm in awe of your style! So FUN and MESSY ... LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!