Saturday, August 17, 2013

ScrapFX and Ruby Rock-It Blog Hop Day Two

Hello to you.


WELCOME to a very FUN and creative next few days here, as the designers from Scrap FX join Ruby Rock-it’s amazing talent in a 2 day BLOG HOP! -
Each day, there will be 11 – 12 blogs to visit using our gorgeous products, along with Ruby Rock-it’s amazing products!

Here are today's participating designers:


And now let’s check out those prizes:
 
 Two packs are up for grabs, one from Scrap FX and one from Ruby Rock-it.
Here’s how you can win: ** Visit each participating designer’s blog each day on the hop and leave a comment.  There are only 11 – 12 blogs each day,  so it’s VERY do-able!  {make sure you include your email address so we can contact you if you win}
For additional chances to win:  Head over to Facebook and *LIKE*  us and leave a message telling us you came from  the blog hop.  The deadline to leave comments for prizes is 11:59pm EST, Monday, August 19th.
Winners will be announced on Ruby Rock-it and Scrap FX blogs on Tuesday, August 20th!
If you get lost along the way, you will be able to find a complete list of participating blogs each day here at Scrap FX and over at Ruby-Rock-it! 


For my project I decided to use the cute camping theme papers from Ruby Rock-It to create a mini journal/album to be filled up at a later point in time by myself or my daughter who has been eyeballing it since I created it.


I used lots of mini chipboard pieces from ScrapFX along with some of the of the new art deco pieces to create whimsical scenes with all the images contained amongst the stickers and papers.


I love that ScrapFX has a variety of tags to choose from as well.  This travel log one was perfect to insert here, being held on to the page with a chippie arrow.


To make this project quick and simple, as well as keep it a manageable size for closing, most chippies were altered up with mists or kept bare - as seen in this picture.  Backgrounds were done with splashes of watercolor to compliment the colors and patterns already present on the papers and had some stenciling (using the Random Dots ScrapFX stencil) adding in.  I love the soft effect this offers and how it personalizes the papers more to my style.


The clouds here are embellishments made on sticky back canvas from stamps created from the Cloud and Raindrops stencil.


The album is enclosed in a sticky back canvas cover that is altered up with the ScrapFX Woodgrain stencil, inks, and mists.  I punched two holes and then put some thick hemp cord through to keep with the natural look. 

*******


For my second project I made sweet little back to school card using the school themed papers and some Mini Apples from ScrapFX as well as the Scribble Script stencil in the background. 

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you enjoyed your visit. Good luck in the drawings and enjoy the rest of the hop!

17 comments:

  1. What a super mini album...bet your daughter wins!!! LOL Lovely school card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN card and AWESOME album Scarlett!!!
    LOVE the layers and textures inside your album and WOW - what a fabulous cover and closure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mini is AWESOME!!! and that card is so fun too! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just LOVE that mini!!! How fun and fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was SO annoyed I left my wood grain chipboard in Brooklyn! I think I love your gesso cover more. Great mini book. This collection was a challenge for me- I love green bit I wanted more blue Nd less orange- you WORKED it!!! It looks fantastic in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute your album
    is. Makes me want to
    go camping!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. great showcasingof the scrapfxand ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are so fun and alive!!! I just love the camping album! My email address is Lainie1130@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative design! Your mini journal is so inspiring! I can understand your daughter's wish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the creations here! wonderful! love the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Scarlett, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! Love your work! So much love in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great creation and such fun. Love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute little project...such fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great work Scarlett, love your use of the woodgrain stencil....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!